Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy birthday, Barb!

I want to give some link love to all my friends who toil online at the art of blogging.

Today is Barbara Engelskirchen's birthday. She created the blog "Foody Chronicles". (BTW, are the names of blogs most properly in quotes or italics?)
Hi. I’m Barbara Engelskirchen and this is my blog. I’m not a professional critic. I’m no chef. But I love food, restaurants and the rituals around the two. They’re a few of the things that give me joy in life. Through this blog, I’ll share my experiences with anyone who cares to read about them. Not interested in food? You’re in the wrong spot. But keep reading and maybe I can win you over.

I consider myself fortunate to live in Chicago, a city where one can find just about any type of food, and restaurants range from tiny, 10 seat BYOBs with way too much florescent lighting to elegant temples to cuisine featuring the latest superstar chef.  I’ll start the sharing with my own city. But I love to travel and hope to be able to share some experiences while on the road as well.
A little tidbit about Barb... she once told me (and I believe her) that she feels obligated to finish even books she's not enjoying once she's started them.

No comments:

Post a Comment