Summary: NDFA should spin-off "Chicago DFA" which would be a separate organization with the mission of growing DFA chapters in the region based on NDFA model.
- Increase volunteer activities
- Increase voting members
- Bring more new people to meetings
- Raise more money
- Cause NDFA to be administered better
- Cause NDFA to win more elections (or higher %)
- To improve NDFA's brand/reputation
- Primarily this would happen to build capacity. With five (or more) DFA groups w/ 30+ voting members, we could push for a progressive agenda better in elections.
- A board/steering committee needs to be created for Chicago DFA.
- Chicago DFA would be responsible for paying/supervising the administrator position.
- Chicago DFA would create a plan for growing new DFA chapters (including support of DFA chapters that need to grow their steering committees & voting member rolls).
- Chicago DFA needs to fundraise.
- (optional) Chicago DFA would make deal with DFA to have a staff member who gets paid by both DFA & Chicago DFA here in Chicago.
Initial labor required:
- Details need to be hammered out.
- A board/steering committee needs to be created.
- Money needs to be raised. This is a big project.
Labor required ongoing basis: Fundraising, organizing, coordination.
Money? maybe $40,000 per year, but Chicago DFA would raise most of this
Yes, this changes NDFA's structure.